Our Mission is to own, maintain and improve a 10.5 acre public recreational
facility in the Town of Sheridan, New York in memory of all those who have
served in the armed forces of the United States of America.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation organized in the early 1950's.
Money to purchase and improve the land was raised by public subscription in
the early 1950's as a memorial to all those who have served in the armed forces.
Over the years a basketball court, baseball field, small recreation building,
picnic shelter and playground have been added. Use is open to the public
during daylight hours in good climate weather.
Most of our playground equipment came to us after the closing of our last country school in 1956. We have added pieces from time to time as money permitted, including our 2002 project purchase for the younger child. Many families like to bring their children here where there is plenty of room to run and play. The high cost of recreation equipment has impelled us to seek grants and donations from outside the township.
The Town of Sheridan, NY has used the facility for its annual summer recreation program since the mid 1950's and contributes to our budget, but does not have the means to operate its own facility.
We have a large group of volunteers that help make the difference between public ability and community need. Our volunteers contribute time, money, equipment and materials!
We are located on Center Road north of Route 20.
Sheridan Memorial Field Association;
Box 223 Sheridan, NY 14135; (716) 969-2847